Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Take

Well, my bedroom is finally finished.......

Before:


After:

Before:


After:

I decided I wanted to go with something light and airy since the walls in my room are white, and nothing really can be done about that. It always seems I lean towards darker colors, so I forced myself to go lighter and brighter. I went with a sea green, light khaki and white palette with a few black details.

The reed blind hanging on the wall was in my previous room and I love it. My dad got it for $5 dollars when we lived in Italy years ago and he gave it to me when we moved. I decided to tie the curtains back, because their stiff material was not allowing them to hang right. I had 2 black ribbons from a pair of espadrilles (ha!) that I like to wear as wedges and not espadrilles and decided to put the ribbon to good use. I liked how it turned out. You can't see it in the picture, but there is a sheer, cream-colored panel in between the green curtains that I brought from my old room.

My desk was my great-grandparents and my mom refinished it. Instead of a chair I decided to get this cushion...it can be used as storage and takes up less room than a chair. Since I don't sit at my desk that much I thought it would be perfect.


It took me awhile to arrange my bookcase, but I like it now.
***
Details:





****
A lot of things have been on my mind this weekend. God is so good to help me work through them. I am so thankful that God is my best friend and lets me talk to Him throughout the day....and at 3am. He helps me to guard my heart against the doubts from Satan. He encourages my soul. He quiets my spirit.
****
"Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way."
Psalms 119.37

L.s.R

3 comments:

Amy said...

oh I love it! It's like a breath of freash air!

HR said...

It's beautiful, Lid! I really, really love the duvet cover and the cushion-seat you got for your desk! Love you!

RLR said...

Wow! Can't wait to see it in person! I love your cowboy boot bookend! Ingenious! Luv ya!