Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pigeon-Toed

17 years ago, I started my first year in AWANA.
I am now a teacher in the program.

There is this one little, Spanish boy who is learning English. He doesn't know much, but his favorite thing to say to me in English is, "Hey, Baby!" It's so stinkin' cute! :)

I was terribly shy when I was little. In big groups, like when I was in AWANA, I wanted myself over-looked. Yes, I can remember being the four-year old Cubby. The one who had the wrong buttons buttoned on her little, blue Cubby vest, who was the least popular with the 'big' girls because she didn't know what to say to them. So with the shy kids in my group, I find myself spending the most time with them because I remember how they felt.

*******************

Going to the Tea Party:


I was able to wear a sweatshirt and jeans...it was that cool! Made me want Colorado...can't wait for Thanksgiving!


This sign sums up why I participated in the Tea Party, and will continue to. I want my children and grandchildren's future protected. I want to do my part.

Best sign!

"Evil is powerless IF the good are unafraid." Ronald Reagan
***************
  • I like coffee-house singers; I like their voices and style.
  • I enjoy planning trips; almost as much as the execution.
  • I like taking naps; just wish my couch was 3 inches wider.
  • I am glad love is stronger than hate; God's grace covers a multitude of sins.
  • I am happy I got my ears pierced again; two diamonds on each ear is a plus.
  • I like Matt Maher's new song, Alive Again; "Late have I loved you, you waited for me, I searched for you....what took me so long.
  • I like Mark Driscoll; he preachs some hard, truthful sermons.
  • I love taking walks in really nice neighborhoods; I like to oh-and-ahh and criticize people's houses.
  • I am thankful for prayer; God always hears.
  • I want to take dance lessons; so I can dance to Sinatra and Fitzgerald....in public and not look stupid.
  • I am hopeful; hesitantly, anxiously, excitedly hopeful.
  • I am grateful that I am not pigeon-toed.
L.s.R

3 comments:

HR said...

Hey, baby ;) That's too cute! Loved your post! Love you!

brittandlauren said...

I agree with Hannah! "Hey, Baby!" That is just too cute!

Great post. it made me laugh and I needed that.

Love ya!

Amy said...

I love your posts they are so random and put together... and they make me happy!