Thursday, December 31, 2009

Zimm Boo Baa

Move over 2009, the Big Mombajamba 2010 is stepping in.
I think it is time for an old-throw-back.

What I have learned in 2009:
*To fix my eyes on Jesus in the calm and the storm.
*Running the first mile sucks, but it is worth it at mile 26.2. 
* Take time to live in each moment.
*Don't wish away seasons in life. Embrace each one.
*Take vitamins every day.
*Leave people in the hands of God. He only can change people. Not me.
*Jesus Christ is my soul-anchor.
*"My God, He can move mountains; He is mighty to save...."
*Never, ever bleach my whole head again.
*Get up the moment my alarm goes off in the morning. Bite the bullet.
*"Let God take over your thought-closet," Jennifer Rothchild.
*Do hair and face masques at least once a week.

What I have experienced in 2009:
*Job searching. Job interviews. Job training.
*Living on my own.
*Working in a cubicle.
*Disappointments and letting God pick up the pieces.
* Body surfing in the gulf.
*Marathon training.
*Buying my first, real cowgirl boots.
*Turning 21.
*Running on the beach.
*Having a fire come within 2 miles of my home.
*The Christmas Blizzard of 2009.

What I have loved about 2009:
*My family and friends.
*Graduating from college.
*Completing my first marathon.
*Seeing Wicked.
*My Apartment.
*Being introduced to MarsHill Church.
*Thanksgiving in Colorado.
*Having a reliable, well-paying job.
*Rush Limbaugh
*Working in Cubbies and the Church nursery.












"Life is a voyage toward or away from God
that we embarked on the moment we were born.
Where is next year heading?"
~Mark Driscoll.

Happy New Year!


L.s.R

3 comments:

HR said...

Love it! Love you! Happy New Year, sis!

Amy said...

love you happy new year!

RLR said...

Loved your post and I love you! Happy New Year!