Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday, Monday

Yes, kind of like that song The Mamas and the Papas sing. God created Mondays to make us appreciate the weekend that much more.

I don't really like Mondays. I love Monday evenings. It will be another 6 days until Monday rolls around again. I have tried to reserve something special to do just on Monday...like diverting the attention of a three year old with a piece of candy…but that didn’t work...I am not a three year old.

Mondays are those type of days that give me high aspirations for the rest of the day, week, month and year.
For example, during my work breaks or during lunch I will start making to-do lists. Multiple to do-lists would litter my desk. I am so odd.

I L-O-V-E making lists! Getting them completed is another thing. I am pretty good about the Monday evening to-do list…maybe it is from coming off of my weekend-high…but the rest of week, month and year to-do lists is another story. I have been criticized for being too ‘listy’ (that is my cheesy, inventive adjective)…so, for the entire summer of 2009 I did not write a list, accept for the occasional shopping list, and I did learn a lot of things from that list hiatus.

Shoot! The above paragraph may seem like I have reverted back to my old habit of killing trees by using excessive amounts of paper and sticky notes, but I really haven’t. Now, I only do it once a week. I have tamed the little, long-haired, out-law inside of me and have stopped making stupid to-do lists that I won’t accomplish and will instead stuff into my desk drawer to be held hostage with rest of my paper victims, all the while having a productive feeling in my heart, because I made a list, right? That counts for something, right?

Hmmmm.


L.s.R

1 comment:

HR said...

:P I know Mondays can be a drag! Blah. But at least they only come around once a week ;)