Friday, July 9, 2010

Correcting My Word Usage

And her mother-in-law [Naomi] said to her, “Where did you glean today? And where have you worked? Blessed be the man who took notice of you.” So she [Ruth] told her mother-in-law with whom she had worked and said, “The man’s name with whom I worked today is Boaz.” ~Ruth 2.19


"I loved a commentator's note about this exchange: "[Naomi] had asked 'where' Ruth had worked; Ruth answers 'with whom' she has worked." Isn't the who always so much more significant than the endless how's, what's, and why's we endlessly fret over? I tend to toil over details, trying to figure how things are going to work out, where help is going to come from. It is then that I am most in need of Jesus.

"Be still and know that I am God."

.....after Ruth's extradordinary day, she knew the significance wasn't in the where, but in the who....."


L.s.R

No comments: