Saturday, October 31, 2009

Oh, Happiness!



Scent of crushed cedar. Old couple walking their Yorkies together. Autumn sky with no clouds. Running on an 'Indian Summer' day. Quiet time. My slippers. Avocados and cream-cheese. An answered prayer. The love of my family. Folding laundry. The sound and feeling of the ceiling fan this a.m. A mom and daughter dressed-up in Dalmatian costumes. Gaining an extra hour. Ironing my clothes. Reading Nehemiah--He was a wise, brave man. Hugs and kisses from my dogs. Leaves on the ground. My purple ipod. Mars Hill Church. Church Music by DCB (you have to smile when 'Oh, Happiness' comes on). Late night talks with friends. Hope. Prayer. My orchid (even though it is not blooming, I have hope in you, little plant of mine). Chubby babies. My marathon bumper sticker. Listening to Rush Limbaugh. Songs with a beat, that make you want to dance. Songs that are simple but deep, that make you cry. Singing very loud with the windows down. Plans for traveling. Blizzard in Colorado. Fire in a fireplace. Candles burning. Jeans, flannel shirts and cowboy boots. Apple Cider. My little cubbies in Awanas. Preppy, green jettas. Reading Pioneer Woman's blog. Cooking and cleaning. A tall, skinny, vanilla latte from Starbucks. Training for another marathon.
All these things bring me happiness.



"Faith by its very nature must be tried, and the real trial of faith is not that we find it difficult to trust God, but that God's character has to be cleared in our own minds. Faith in its actual working out has to go through spells of unsyllabled isolation. Never confound the trial of faith with the ordinary discipline of life, much that we call the trial of faith is the inevitable result of being alive. Faith in the Bible is faith in God and against everything that contradicts Him--I will remain true to God's character whatever He may do. " Oswald Chamber's October 31st devotion.

"Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10

L.s.R

No comments: